On the Shoulders of Dwarves is Israel’s leading podcast on the subject of roleplaying games. It was founded in mid-2011 by Eran Aviram. Starting from episode six, Uri Lifshitz joined the team and the podcast became a weekly affair. Each episode discuss a different facet of the role-playing game, systems, mechanics, players, narrative and everything else relating to the hobby.
The podcast has an average of 200 plays per episode, with new episodes released on a weekly basis, each Monday. We host more than 10 guides on various subjects aimed for players and GMs, and more than 50 Hebrew-speaking actual play podcast and vidcast episodes.
- In October 2014 the Dwarves launched a crowdfunding campaign to facilitate the new Dwarves website and new recording equipment. The campaign asked for a modest sum of 500 USD, it received more than 2,800 USD.
- In October 2014, as part of the crowdfunding campaign came “The Emerald Spire” a 12 hours gaming marathon with numerous guests and an active online presence.
- In December 2014 the Dwarves began creating video episodes as well.
- In January 2015 the site began hosting the Hebrew version of the webcomics Up to Four Players.
- On February 2nd, 2015, we uploaded the 100th episode, signaling two years of non-stop operation.
- On 17.9.16 we ran an English-based D&D mini-marathon for charity, changing adventures and players every two hours.
- On January 1st, 2017, we delivered the 13th and final Hebrew "Three Suggestion" RPG document, to our monthly subscribers. (The English version is still going on, and available here).
Eran Aviram is the Hebrew translator of Dungeon & Dragons and Pathfinder, former owner of the gaming store “Tactica” in Tel Aviv, and editor and writer for City of Mist, the Hebrew edition of Little Wizards, and more. He organizes conventions, edit manuals and design games, and is generally pleasant and well groomed. He's also the writer of the webcomics Up to Four Players.
- Up to Four Players, a weekly webcomics about gamers and games
- YouTube channel, with Actual Play recordings, and other
Uri Lifshitz is an avid role-player and Dungeon Master, an Improviser in the international improv troupe Lamabati and actor with Evil Sun Productions. He teaches public speaking seminars, lecture on improv workshops and Kickstarter prep-up. In his spare time he teaches and tune database applications for multinational corporations.
Aviv “Icel” Manoach is a support dwarf specializes in SEO and website design. It seems he'll agree to volunteer to anything. He's also the creator and entrepreneur behind Vanor – Games to Amaze, a tabletop games production team operating in Israel, publishing Vanor Adventure Roleplaying and Champions of Fate..